Interesting FACTS About Bigg Boss 14 Winner Rubina Dilaik- She gained immense fame through her stints inside the house on Bigg Boss 14. Not only that, she even emerged as this season’s invincible winner. Read on to know more about the Boss Lady Rubina-
Television actress Rubina Dilaik has come an extended thanks to claim her share of limelight within the show business through her own share of professional and private struggles.
- Rubina was born on 26th August 1987 in Shimla (Himachal Pradesh), which happens to be her hometown also. She has a two younger sisters, One who’s name is Jyotika Dilaik (she appeared on the truth show Bigg Boss 14 as her sister’s connection).
2. Her father Mr. Gopal Dilaik may be a renowned Hindi author and has written many books in Hindi
3. She completed her schooling and graduation in Shimla itself. During her school days, she was a national-level champion in debate. As a toddler, she aspired to be an astronaut.
4. In her teen days, she embarked upon the local glamour world by being a beauty pageant contender, that she even won two local beauty pageants and was crowned Miss Shimla 2006. Two years later, she even won the Miss North India pageant, which was held in Chandigarh.
5. Despite prepping up for her IAS exams, Rubina embarked upon her acting career by marking her television debut in Chotti Bahu as ‘Radhika Shastri’, opposite Avinash Sachdev within the year 2008. She got selected for this role post-clearing the auditions, that were held in Chandigarh.
6. During this point, co-stars Rubina and Abhinav fell crazy with one another on the sets of Chotti Bahu and were touted as ‘one of the foremost adored and sweet couples of the tv industry’. Though the couple dated one another for several years, rumours of them secretly tying the knot did rounds as Rubina was seen keeping Karwa Chauth fast for Avinash. The duo had participated as a few within the dance reality show Nach Baliye 9.
However in 2013, the couple parted ways, leaving everyone heartbroken.
7. In 2012, she played Simran ‘Smiley’ Gill in Sony TV’s Saas Bina Sasural. A year later, she played ‘Divya Jakhotia’ in Zee TV’s Punar Vivah – Ek Nayi Umeed opposite Karan Grover.
8. From 2013-2014, she portrayed ‘Sita’ in Life OK’s mythological show Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev and ‘Jeannie’ in SAB TV’s Jeannie Aur Juju.
9. In 2015, Rubina Dilaik was conferred upon with the coveted Dadasaheb Phalke Award for Best Actress.
10. it had been within the year 2016 that Dilaik got her breakthrough role of ‘Soumya Singh’ in Colors TV’s Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki as a transgender woman, opposite Vivian Dsena. Rubina claimed high fame and was critically lauded for portraying this role in Shakti.
11. In 2016 itself, she was ranked 11th on the list of ’50 Top Sexy Asian Women’ of the Eastern Eye. Next year, she went a notch above within the same list.
12. The beautiful lady’s favourite movies are Titanic, Hum Aapke Hai Kaun. she loves watching them over and over again.
13. On 21st June 2018, Dilaik married television actor Abhinav Shukla. The duo met one another at a standard friend’s place during Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations and a romantic vibe sparked amid them instantly. Though this couple also had their share of a rough patch post-marriage, it had been only through their stints inside the house of Bigg Boss 14 that the duo got closer to every other quite before.
14. Lastly in 2021, Rubina emerged because the winner of Salman Khan’s hosted reality show Bigg Boss 14 sort of a real champion!
On the Work Front, the actress will next be seen in Romantic Music Video ‘Marjaneya’ along with her Husband Abhinav Shukla. The song will be out on 18th March.