Taapsse Pannu has tweeted about the I-T raids at her property and addressed the allegations against her. She even joked about how she is ‘not so sasti’ anymore.
Bollywood actor Taapsee Pannu, whose property was raided by the tax Department’s officials earlier in the week, has broken her silence on Twitter. She addressed the allegations made against her and even cracked a joke.
Taapsee said that there’s no bungalow in her name in Paris, or receipts of ₹5 crore payment to her. She even said that there was no raid in 2013 on her property either.
“3 days of intense search of three things primarily 1. The keys of the “alleged” bungalow that I apparently own in Paris. Because summer holidays are round the corner. 2. The “alleged” receipt worth 5 crores to border n keep for future pitching coz I’ve been refused that cash before 3. My memory of 2013 raid that happened with me consistent with our honourable minister of finance P.S- “not so sasti” anymore,” she wrote in her tweet. The post script was in reaction to the barb that Kangana Ranaut often uses against her.
The tax Department on March 3 began raids on the homes and offices of Pannu and Kashyap also as his partners, who launched the now-shuttered production house Phantom Films.
The searches, a part of a evasion probe against Phantom Films, administered across 30 locations in Mumbai and Pune, also covered Reliance Entertainment group CEO Shibhasish Sarkar and a few executives of celebrity and talent management companies KWAN and Exceed.