Raj Kundra Case Live Updates: Raj Kundra is currently in police custody while the Mumbai Crime Branch has recovered several videos, emails and Whatsapp chats allegedly connected to the case
Bollywood actor Shilpa Shetty’s husband and Businessman Raj Kundra faced some serious heat from the law as he was arrested on Monday in an adult film racket case. Soon after Kundra’s arrest, several details of the businessman’s holdings and operations has now come to the fore. After his arrest, several reports stated that the entrepreneur had joined hands with a UK production house to distribute the adult films that were being shot in India via the app Hotshots.
While the app was banned from Google Play Store and Apple store in 2020, the business continued to flourish as Kundra also had a backup app named Bollyfame in place.
Raj Kundra is currently in judicial custody along with another co-accused Ryan Tharpe who was a techie associate for their app Hotshots. As new details continue to emerge, stay tuned for live updates.
Here are Raj Kundra Case Live Updates:
- Actress Sherlyn Chopra broke her silence in Raj Kundra’s case and shared a video. In the video, she revealed that she was the first person to give a statement to the Maharashtra Cyber Cell earlier this year in the matter.
- The Mumbai Crime Branch on Wednesday revealed that Raj Kundra ran his adult film business via well established WhatsApp groups named HS-account, HS-operation and HS-take down. According to a latest report in Mid-Day, the Crime Branch revealed that Kundra assigned tasks to employees on each of these three groups and also had a legal time in place.
- According to a latest report in Mid-Day, Raj Kundra was avoiding arrest till now by bribing Crime Branch officers by paying Rs 25 lakh. As per the report, a wanted accused has alleged that Kundra paid a fat amount to investigating officers to evade arrest.
- The police are going all out with their investigation and according to TOI, crime branch has recovered at least 70 videos shot by Raj Kundra’s former PA Umesh Kamat with the help of different production houses.
- On Wednesday, it was stated that Raj Kundra’s servers have been seized by the Crime Branch. Now, the servers will be sent for forensic analysis to rule out if Kundra used it to distribute pornographic material to the UK-based company.
- Raj Kundra’s lawyer argued in court that it is incorrect to label the adult film content as porn as there was “actual intercourse” shown in the videos. He stated that it can be defined as vulgar content but not pornographic.
- In connection with the case, the cops have also frozen close to Rs 7.21 crore in different people’s bank accounts.
- Shilpa Shetty’s film Hungama 2 release will not be pushed due to her husband Raj Kundra’s arrest. The makers revealed that they will go ahead with the release as planned.
Stay tuned for the latest updates in the Raj Kundra case!