Shilpa Shetty’s husband Raj Kundra was arrested by Mumbai Police in pornography case last night. And now the latest update that he will be in custody till July 23.
Actress Poonam Pandey, who had earlier lodged a police complaint against Raj Kundra, expressed her concern for Shilpa Shetty following his arrest.
A Mumbai Court on Tuesday sent businessman and actor Shilpa Shetty’s husband Raj Kundra to a police custody till July 23 for a case related to production of pornographic material. The Crime Branch of Mumbai Police had arrested the 45-year-old under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and the Information Technology (IT) Act on Minday night.
Poonam Pandey opened up about businessman and Shilpa Shetty’s husband Raj Kundra’s recent arrest by the Mumbai Police in a pornography-related case. She shared, “At this moment my heart goes out to Shilpa Shetty & her kids. I can’t imagine what she must be going through. So, I refuse to use this opportunity to highlight my trauma.”
For the uninitiated, Poonam Pandey had filed a complaint against Raj Kundra and his associates, accusing them of fraud and theft. She told TOI that the matter is sub-judice and she wouldn’t speak much about it.
While Kundra told BT that he had exited the company (which managed the app) in December 2019, Poonam claimed “I collaborated with the company for an app named after me in March 2019. We had agreed upon a certain percentage of the revenue generated by the app to be given to me. However, I realised certain discrepancies in revenue sharing and hence, decided to terminate the contract. I also informed them about the same via an email. All hell has broken loose since. They continue to post my pictures and videos on the app. To my horror, they also leaked my personal mobile number along with messages like ‘Call me now as I am free to talk’ and ‘Call me now. Let us talk and I will strip for you’ on the app. After that, I started receiving calls from all over, not in dozens but thousands, at odd hours, asking me for explicit services. People started sending me pornographic images and videos. I even left the country for three months hoping that the situation will become normal on its own. However, as soon as I landed back, I started receiving calls and obscene messages all over again. Sometimes, I would get calls where I could only hear heavy breathing from the other side. These callers claim to know my address, too. I changed my number, but after I messaged Saurabh Kushwah (one of the associates of the app company, who is one of the accused) from my new number, asking him to refrain from uploading my pictures and videos on the app, I started receiving calls and messages on that number, too.”
In defence, Raj Kundra previously told BT, “I had invested in a company called Armsprime Media last year, which makes apps for celebrities. I am not aware of the petition as I exited the venture in December 2019 with a sale to the current shareholders.”
On Monday, Raj Kundra was arrested in an alleged pornography case which was being probed since February. Raj Kundra’s name appeared in the probe after the property cell came across the involvement of a UK production company, Kenrin, whose executive, Umesh Kamat was arrested by the police. He was the former employee of Raj Kundra and was accused of uploading at least eight “pornographic and obscene” videos shot by Gehna Vasisth on a social media app for monetary consideration.